Dear Valued Customers and Partners
President Chad Cundiff | March 18, 2020
In the wake of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the resulting uncertainty about its spread and workplace impact, Astronautics would like to share with you its plan for the continued management of our programs, production of our products, availability of spare parts and timely repairs.
First and foremost, Astronautics is fully operational. We remain committed to producing our products on time with exceptional quality.
Therefore, the company has taken the following proactive measures to minimize and control the effects of the coronavirus at Astronautics:
- Enacting a temporary remote work policy for employees who can perform their work offsite.
- Keeping appropriate distances between employees working onsite.
- Using technology to enhance communication between offsite and onsite employees.
- Disinfecting of public and private spaces within our facilities on a regular basis.
- Instructing employees to be vigilant about personal hygiene, such as hand washing and use of sanitizer.
- Temporarily suspending customer and supplier visits.
- Temporarily suspending business travel.
- Requiring employees returning from international travel to self-quarantine for 14 days and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, based on the most current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Protection.
- Requiring employees who have been in close contact with friends or family members diagnosed with COVID-19 to self-quarantine for 14 days and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Requiring employees who test positive for COVID-19 to stay home until cleared by a medical profession for return to work.
- Mandating that employees exhibiting cold symptoms – fever, cough, shortness of breath – stay home from work until the symptoms resolve.
Be assured that Astronautics has a cross-trained workforce, ensuring redundancy across the business and production functions. As of today, we are producing product at similar levels to that of recent months. While the safety of our employees is a top priority, our goal is also to maintain this level of output and to keep you closely informed if that changes.
Additionally, the company is prepared to put into effect a variety of detailed contingency plans in the event of supply chain disruptions and staffing shortages. We are actively assessing and mitigating potential supply chain risks and developing alternate work arrangements for employees. The executive leadership team is meeting daily to discuss and resolve business and employee issues that may stem from this situation.
As we all know, the coronavirus situation as it stands today is dynamic and our understanding of it is rapidly changing. If we anticipate any program or delivery delays due to this unprecedented international health event, we promise two things: to perform our work in good faith to the best of our abilities and to communicate any delays or concerns to you immediately.
Astronautics is committed to doing everything in our power to perform on our programs, meet our on-time delivery commitments and sustain our repair services.
Please feel free to reach out to your Astronautics representative at +1.414.449.4000 or email@example.com, if you have any additional concerns or questions.
Very Truly Yours,
ASTRONAUTICS CORPORATION OF AMERICA